We support parents experiencing financial hardship, debt, welfare, unemployment, housing and domestic violence issues. Thamesmead’s experience of a significant increase in these hardships, along with the UnitedKingdom, continues to mandate Genesis Impact to provide aid in the form of non-perishable food items, food vouchers, clothing and household items.
We have increased our capacity to meet these hardships through Morissons (the supermarket) and their community scheme, as well as other charity partnerships such as Trinity Vineyard, KICC Thamesmead, Father’s House, Church For All Nations, Christian Living Centre and Jesus Pavillon.
We continue to signpost parents who need intensive support to expert agencies.
Joint initiatives with Peabody Trust
Peabody commissioned us in the 2016-17 academic year to
provide training and development to local parents in The Moorings location of Thamesmead. As a result of its success, we have been re-commissioned in 2018 to deliver the following:
• 8-week ‘Practical Parenting’ course
• 8-week block Practical Parenting (teenage years)
• 5-week Keeping Children Safe (including PP Tips)
• 8-week‘ Parenting Children with SEN’, Family Support/1:1
• 8 week Pilot Project (Family Oriented Importance of Play, Activities, Promoting Learning and Well Being’